Version March 2019
2. Registration. Each User must register on the Site before Users are authorized to participate on the Energy Intelligence Platform.
3. User Names and Passwords. Each User will be issued a unique user name and password upon registration. Each Participating Company agrees to take all reasonable precautions to maintain as confidential the user names and passwords of its Users. Each Participating Company agrees not to provide access to the Energy Intelligence Platform to any persons other than authorized Users through use of their user names or passwords and to notify PowerAdvocate upon becoming aware of any loss or theft of a user name or password or an unauthorized use of the Energy Intelligence Platform or a user name or password. A Participating Company will be responsible for all use of its user names and passwords by any person or entity. At is sole discretion and at any time, PowerAdvocate may disable one or more user names or passwords or otherwise deny a User access to the Energy Intelligence Platform.
6. Third Party Links. The Site may contain links to third-party web sites not under the control or operation of PowerAdvocate. PowerAdvocate does not endorse these third-party web sites, and is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. You may provide a hypertext link to the Site on another web site, so long as such link is done in good taste and does not create the false appearance that PowerAdvocate is associated with or sponsoring the linking web site. The use of techniques to frame the Site within a third-party web site is not permitted under this Agreement. PowerAdvocate reserves the right to revoke its consent to any link at any time in PowerAdvocate’s sole discretion.
8. Confidential Information and Privacy. The Site facilitates communications between Participating Companies that may include their respective confidential and proprietary information and/or personal information. PowerAdvocate recognizes the importance of protecting confidential and proprietary information and personal information of Participating Companies collected or posted on the Energy Intelligence Platform and of not disclosing such information to unauthorized third parties. As such, PowerAdvocate enters into confidentiality agreements with PowerAdvocate customers that contain PowerAdvocate’s sole obligations concerning the treatment of confidential or proprietary information collected or posted by that customer on the Site. For information regarding PowerAdvocate’s treatment of personal information submitted in conjunction with use of the Solutions, see the Energy Intelligence Platform Privacy Statement found at EIP Privacy Statement; for information regarding PowerAdvocate’s treatment of personal information submitted in respect to use of the non-password protected areas of the site, see the Privacy Statement found at PowerAdvocate Privacy Statement.
9. Intellectual Property. “PowerAdvocate” (alone and together with the three rings), “Energy Intelligence Platform,” “Spend Intelligence”, “Cost Intelligence”, “Market Intelligence”, and “Sourcing Intelligence” are registered trademarks of Power Advocate Inc. In addition, , “Supplier Intelligence” and “Contract Intelligence” are trademarks or service marks of Power Advocate, Inc. Unless otherwise noted on the Site, all other trademarks, service marks, and logos used in this Site are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners. All ownership rights -- including all right, title, and interest in all patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights -- in the Site, including any software associated with the operation or functioning of the Site, are and will remain in PowerAdvocate or its licensors. You and each Participating Company will not undertake to copyright, trademark or patent the Site, or any portion thereof. You and each Participating Company acknowledge that all or portions of the Site (including the software and methodologies associated with the operation or functioning of the Energy Intelligence Platform) may be copyrighted, trademarked or patented by PowerAdvocate or another party. You and each Participating Company acknowledge that no such act will cause or be construed as causing any portion of the Energy Intelligence Platform to be in the public domain. You and each Participating Company will not, and will not attempt to, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the Site, or permit or cause any third party to do so on your behalf. Any changes, advice, modifications or evaluations of or concerning the Site generated or proposed by any party will be the exclusive property of PowerAdvocate and will not give any one other than PowerAdvocate any right, title or interest in or to the Site. All ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques relating to the use, operation or functioning of the Site will be the exclusive property of PowerAdvocate or PowerAdvocate’s licensors. You and each Participating Company are granted only a limited, revocable, non-transferable license to print and download portions of any materials created by PowerAdvocate (“PowerAdvocate Materials”) and posted on the Site solely for internal, non-commercial use, provided that any copyright notice and any other notices that appear on any such copies are maintained and unmodified. Any other use, copying, redistribution, publication, or retransmission of any portion of any PowerAdvocate Materials on the Site is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of PowerAdvocate. All PowerAdvocate Materials on the Site are, and shall continue to be, owned by PowerAdvocate. Each Participating Company shall also maintain any copyright notice and any other notices that appear on any materials created by any third party and posted on the Site. PowerAdvocate retains all rights to any data, modules, components, designs, utilities, subsets, objects, program listings, tools, models, methodologies, programs, systems, analysis frameworks, leading practices (“Technical Elements”) owned or developed by PowerAdvocate prior to, or independently from, the provision of the Site (and any modifications or enhancements to PowerAdvocate’s Technical Elements developed in the course of providing the Site) (collectively, “PowerAdvocate Technical Elements”) and PowerAdvocate retains exclusive ownership rights to all PowerAdvocate Technical Elements. PowerAdvocate retains all rights to its knowledge, experience and know-how (including processes, ideas, concepts and techniques) acquired in the course of providing the Site, and, subject to the confidentiality obligations in the separate contracts referenced in Section 8, you and each Participating Company hereby grant to PowerAdvocate a perpetual, worldwide, paid-up license to use, copy, modify and/or sublicense, in the course of PowerAdvocate’s business, any Technical Elements acquired or developed as a result of providing the Site.
10. Contact Information. “Contact Information” shall mean any and all business contact information (name, employer, business address, business phone numbers, business email address, etc.) that you provide to PowerAdvocate during registration for the Energy Intelligence Platform or during any other use of the Site. During registration, you shall provide -- and Participating Company shall ensure that its Users provide -- true, accurate, current and complete Contact Information. During registration or any other use of the Site that collects Contact Information, you will ensure that all Contact Information is business contact information only and is not private home contact information. PowerAdvocate uses the Contact Information only in furtherance of, and consistent with, the Site and otherwise in its normal course of business. By providing your Contact Information, you provide your consent to PowerAdvocate’s contacting you by email or telephone in its normal course of business, including to determine your interest in any PowerAdvocate offerings. For information regarding PowerAdvocate’s treatment of personal information submitted in conjunction with use of the Solutions, see the Energy Intelligence Platform Privacy Statement found at EIP Privacy Statement; for information regarding PowerAdvocate’s treatment of personal information submitted in respect to use of the non-password protected areas of the site, see the Privacy Statement found at PowerAdvocate Privacy Statement.
12. Amendment. PowerAdvocate may modify this Agreement from time to time by posting the modified Agreement on the Site. Any use of the Site after the posting of the modified Agreement constitutes that User’s and that Participating Company’s agreement to be bound by such modified version of this Agreement. PowerAdvocate reserves the right to change the Site at its discretion at any time. PowerAdvocate may add or remove features, services or otherwise modify the Site, all without any liability whatsoever.
14. Miscellaneous. Any notice, report, approval, or consent required or permitted under this Agreement shall be in writing and in the English language. Notices to PowerAdvocate may be sent to Power Advocate, Inc., 179 Lincoln Street, Boston, MA 02111, Facsimile: 857-453-5656, Attention: Daniel P. Sullivan. No failure or delay in exercising any right under this Agreement will operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any partial exercise of any right or power under this Agreement preclude further exercise. If any provision of this Agreement is unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. For all purposes under this Agreement, each party shall be and act as an independent contractor of the other and shall not bind nor attempt to bind the other to any contract with third-parties. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer, or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended nor created by this Agreement.